Use the ideas below for inspiration as you plan your Start Simple with MyPlate promotion.
- Incorporate Start Simple with MyPlate into your marketing and education efforts by sharing simple ways consumers can make healthy food choices. An example would be to refer to the five food groups in your messages or provide a simple tip focused on one of the food groups.
- Lift up the Start Simple with MyPlate campaign on social media using hashtag #StartSimplewithMyPlate.
- Place the Start Simple with MyPlate graphic on marketing materials such as lunch tray liners, monthly menus, newsletters, bulletin board and other publications.
- Post and tweet the sample social media messages.
- Retweet, share, repin, and like content shared from the MyPlate social media accounts.
- Use hashtag #StartSimplewithMyPlate on your social media.
- Challenge your social media followers to share Start Simple with MyPlate tips that they use to keep themselves and their families healthy.
- Add the Start Simple with MyPlate graphics to your website or blog and hyperlink it to the Start Simple with MyPlate landing page.
- Add the MyPlate Plan widget to your website or blog.
- Develop Start Simple with MyPlate tips to post on your website or share on social media.
- Initiate an employee wellness activity to create staff testimonials that incorporate Start Simple with MyPlate tips. Share the testimonials with consumers to show how your organization supports healthy eating.
CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- Create a Start Simple with MyPlate banner or table top sign to display at your conference exhibit booth.
- Incorporate the Start Simple with MyPlate theme into your conference exhibit booths and education session proposals.
- Sign up for MyPlate email updates at ChooseMyPlate.gov/GovDelivery.
- Be sure to use hashtag #StartSimplewithMyPlate to share your simple tips and join the conversation!